Bedroom Dresser Ikea
The recall covers all IKEA children’s chests and dressers taller than 23.5 inches and adult chests and dressers taller than 29.5 inches that do not comply with the performance requirements of the US voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-014). The recalled chests and dressers were manufactured or sold through June 2016. The recalled chests and dressers include MALM 3-drawer, 4-drawer, 5-drawer and 6-drawer chests and also include, but are not limited to, other models that are listed on the IKEA website at Since 1996, IKEA chests and dressers have been labeled to identify IKEA, the model name and the manufacturing date code. Units manufactured before June 2016 have a date code lower than 1622. If you have any questions about whether your chest or dresser is included in the recall, You can contact IKEA by emailing or calling toll-free at (866) 856-4532. You may choose to receive a refund for your chest or dresser or a free repair kit to anchor your chest or dresser to the wall. To request a free wall-anchoring repair kit online here.
3. Is it necessary to have IKEA or a handyman attach the chest or dresser to
the wall for me?
4. I purchased this IKEA chest or dresser before this recall announcement and am
unable, unwilling or uncomfortable attaching it to the wall. What should I do?
5. I purchased this IKEA chest or dresser before this recall announcement and do
not want it in my home any more. What should I do?
6. I purchased this IKEA chest or dresser before this recall announcement. I don’t
want it in my home and can’t bring it back to the store. What should I do?
7. I purchased an IKEA chest or dresser from IKEA after this recall announcement.
What should I do?
8. I purchased an IKEA chest or dresser within the scope of the recall from someone
other than IKEA after the date of the recall announcement. Can I participate in the recall?
9. I received a label with my wall anchor kit indicating that the product was recalled
and directing me to call a toll-free 866 number. What do I do with these?
10. Do I need a receipt to participate in the recall?Typically, a receipt is not required. However, we reserve the right to request a receipt based on the total number of chests and dressers that a customer returns.
11. Are older IKEA chest or dressers included in the recall?Yes. We are recalling all chests and dressers we have ever sold in the US that were not compliant with the current ASTM standard. A list of recalled chests and dressers can be found here.
12. Can I still purchase IKEA chests or dressers?
13. I no longer have the recalled chest of drawers in my possession. Can I still obtain a refund?In order to obtain a refund, the recalled product must be returned to IKEA.